Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Too Much Of A Good Thing Causing Acne


Today's post is brought to you today by my breakouts. Yes this week my skin has not been very happy with me! Not only has my cycle been 2 weeks late but my skin has been more 'clogged' than usual and I have had a few breakouts on my cheeks (which is a sign to me it is diet related).

I have known over the past couple of weeks I have had a growing love for coconut flakes to which this week I reached the point of pure addiction and no portion control. I started off quite tame with my potion control but now I grab it by the handful and shove it in my mouth...everyday.

For a couple of days I didn't want to link the coconut flakes to my skin because I just didn't want to face that reality but now I have come to the conclusion I need to stop!

The point of this post is to talk about balance and moderation. It isn't the coconut as an ingredient which is breaking me out, it is the quantity I am consuming. Even though coconut is top 'health super food' which great skin benefits and great for anti-inflammatory purposes, going over board can make it a negative.

This is the same for any food. Balance and moderation is so important in your diet and it is so easy to get addicted to one treat or one food but repetition isn't good for our body. Too much repetition can actually cause our body to build up a response to that food and then you have an intolerance which you then have to cut out for a few months before introducing it back in to your diet.

But on another note for the coconut addiction was actually tipping my fat ratio off which I believe was causing the excess sebum on my face = breakouts. So also be mindful of the food group which the food you are obsessing over falls in.

So be mindful of your choices and remember this tip. Make sure you keep balance and moderation.

Whats your food you find hard to control your portion size with? 

Ebony x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ebony Jane Hensler | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig